NON-INVASIVE TREATMENT TO REDUCE PAIN & PROMOTE HEALING
Most individuals with chronic pain problems have tried various types of unsuccessful treatments to alleviate their pain. Up to 80% of the same individuals worldwide report that Shockwave Therapy or extracorporeal shockwave therapy or ESWT helped them eliminate their pain.
If you suffer from chronic plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, tennis elbow, shoulder tendonitis, or another chronic tendinopathy, you may be a good candidate for Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) at our Boca Raton facility.
A RECENT FDA STUDY CONDUCTED IN THE UNITED STATES REVEALED THAT PATIENTS WHO SUFFERED FROM CHRONIC PLANTAR FASCIITIS (WITH OR WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF A HEEL SPUR) SAW AN AVERAGE REDUCTION IN PAIN OF 92% WITH ONLY ONE SHOCKWAVE THERAPY TREATMENT.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT WITH SHOCKWAVE THERAPY IN BOCA RATON
- Feet – heal spurs, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis
- Back pain – lumber and cervical spine regions and chronic muscular pain
- Elbow – tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder – calcific tendinosis of rotator cuff muscles
- Upper leg – iliotibial band friction syndrome
- Lower leg – shin splints
- Knee – patellar tendonitis
- Hip – bursitis
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“I only have words of gratitude for all the staff at Total Health & Rehab Center of Boca Raton! I came to them after suffering an accident with my car and starting with Claudia’s loving attention to the incredible Dr. Lina Peterson, everything has been a better experience every day than the last. Impossible not to mention Joanna, Carson, “Maricita” etc… A special mention to the magical hands of Lucila, the best massage therapist I have met in this country! My entire experience with them has been wonderful and I am very grateful for helping me overcome the aftermath of the accident and being able to return to my daily life without pain. I warmly recommend this place. Super professionals and above all excellent human beings!”
“When I got here, I felt a lot of pain in my entire back, neck, and knee. After three weeks of therapy, my pain almost completely disappeared. I thank all the staff who work here for their efficient work and their great dedication to the improvement of each one of them. their patients. I am a very grateful patient”
BENEFITS OF SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) is the most advanced and highly effective non-invasive treatment technology approved by the FDA for orthopedic musculoskeletal disorders. Here are a few benefits of this treatment:
- Non-invasive solution for chronic pain in your shoulder, back, heel, knee, or elbow
- Excellent cost/effectiveness ratio
- Alternative to medication and surgery
- Best treatment modality for tendon injuries
- Helps reduce or eliminate chronic pain
- Restores mobility
- No downtime following treatment
This non-invasive treatment can quickly restore or improve your quality of life!
WHAT IS SHOCKWAVE THERAPY (ESWT)?
Introducing microtrauma to the problematic tissue causing pain to initiate a healing response by the body, the healing response causes blood vessel formation and increased delivery of nutrients to the affected area. Microtrauma stimulates a repair process to relieve the symptoms of pain.
Because this method of treatment is non-invasive, patients can be treated extracorporeally (outside of the body) while also avoiding the risks and high costs associated with surgery. It is an ideal therapy to speed up recovery and cure various indications causing acute or chronic pain.
WHY CHOOSE TOTAL HEALTH & REHAB?
We focus on the causes of your pain, problem, or injury and emphasize utilizing the latest treatment methods to heal you as fast as possible.
- We are in-network with most health insurance plans
- Experienced team who works together to get you feeling better fast
- Proficient at pain management treatments
- All the treatment you need in a single location
- Highly-rated team with a 4.9 Google star-rating
- Full medical care including conventional medical care, physical therapy, and holistic care which includes chiropractic, acupuncture, massage therapy
Stop suffering from acute or chronic pain – call Total Health and Rehab in Boca Raton today to schedule your appointment!
MEDICAL BENEFITS OF SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
Acoustic waves with high energy peaks used in shockwave therapy interact with tissue causing overall medical effects of accelerated tissue repair and cell growth, analgesia and mobility restoration.
New blood vessel formation
Reversal of chronic inflammation
Stimulation of collagen production
Dissolution of calcified fibroblasts
Dispersion of pain mediator “substance P”
Release of trigger points
SHOCKWAVE THERAPY FAQS
Q. HOW DOES ESWT WORK?
- Through a process called cavitation, ESWT stimulates fibroblast and tenocyte production. Fibroblast or tenocyte cells make up your body’s connective tissues, including tendons and the fascia.
- ESWT diminishes pain by overstimulating the nerves that send pain sensations to your brain.
- The procedure can break down pathological calcification deposits (also known as a spur). Depending upon your condition, this may or may not be the goal, but an interesting by-product. In all cases, ESWT is targeted at the condition that caused the spur, and not the spur itself.
Q. WHAT SORT OF RECOVERY CAN I EXPECT AFTER ESWT?
Remember, as it likely took time for you to sustain an injury, it also takes time for healing. Total healing of the area can take up to one year. However, the best thing about ESWT is that, unlike surgery, you avoid getting worse before getting better. You won’t need a lengthy amount of time off work or painful post-procedure recovery time.
Q. WHAT CONDITIONS ARE TREATED BY ESWT?
Most often, shockwave therapy is used to treat jumper’s knee, painful shoulder, tennis elbow, heel spur, insertional pain, chronic tendinopathy, calcifications, medial tibial stress syndrome, and hip pain.
Q. HOW EFFECTIVE IS ESWT?
Q. WHAT’S INVOLVED IN THE ESWT PROCEDURE?
A. During your treatment, you’ll be asked to lie back comfortably with the area to be treated exposed. Since it’s a non-invasive procedure, no lengthy recovery period is required after the treatment. Using an instrument to target the damaged location, you’ll hear repetitive clicking sounds during the treatment. Our technician will do their best to ensure your comfort during the procedure, as it’s a priority to us. If you’re ever nervous or anxious about treatment, talk to your doctor or treatment coordinator. Our goal is to always make sure you’re comfortable and relaxed during treatment!